This temple is believed to have the oldest hall of the Shin
sect in the Mikawa region, known as the Yanagi-do. It is considered to be a
superb example of Kamakura period architecture and is an important national
cultural property. The temple was built in 1258 and contains the tombs of several
Tokugawa warriors and the famous scientist Dr. Honda Kotaro.